If your home's heater isn't keeping your family as warm and comfortable as it should be this winter, it may be time to think about getting it looked at by a professional from Green Leaf A/C and Heating. There are many things that can go wrong with a furnace, and it is in your family's best interest to get the problem checked out and taken care of as soon as possible so that you aren't left in the cold for too long.
Common Heater Problems
Below are some of the common problems that heaters can face:
- Lack of maintenance. Homeowners invest thousands of dollars into buying a new furnace, but then they never really take the time to think about its maintenance. It is recommended that you get your furnace checked at least once a year to prevent breakdowns, inefficiency, and other various problems that can easily be avoided. During your heater tune-up, a professional HVAC tech will be able to track down the early warning signs of an issue and get them taken care of on the spot before they lead to trouble further on down the road.
- Clogged filters. It is recommended that you replace your filters at least one time per month during the cooler months of the year. This is one of the most important things you can do to extend the life of your furnace and to keep it running as efficiently as possible. A clogged filter restricts air flow, and this will cause your unit to have to work much harder than it should to keep your family warm and cozy.
- Mechanical wear and tear. It's not uncommon as your furnace gets older for it to experience wear and tear on some of its parts. Some of these parts may be necessary in the proper operation of your unit. This includes belts, bearings, and other important components. These parts are also responsible for preventing your heater from getting too hot and potentially causing a fire or some other serious problem. We can replace parts that are past their prime so that you can get an efficient, well-performing heater.
- Pilot light or ignition problems. If there is an issue with these parts, then your furnace may not be coming on at all, or may be running for just a few minutes before shutting off.
- Thermostat problems. Sometimes, the thermostat which controls the temperature in your home can experience problems. If it runs off of batteries, these may need to be replaced, or there could be an issue with the wiring. Only a true professional will be able to tell for sure. It is important for your thermostat to be working properly so that your home isn't too hot or too cold.
Give us a call today or contact us online and we will be able to provide you with a complete diagnostic exam and inspection of your unit and its components. We can also test for dangerous carbon monoxide gas to be sure that your family is safe in your home. We can replace clogged or dirty filters, replace or repair parts, and take care of debris removal from the system. We look forward to hearing from you soon, so call and schedule an appointment today.