Many homeowners still have the thermostat that came with their house 10 or more years ago. We all know how fast technology changes and boosts the efficiency and safety of many household items that we take for granted. Take a look at some of the reasons a thermostat upgrade is a great low-cost investment that pays big dividends.
- A newer, digital thermostat is safer. That's because older non-digital thermostats contain one of the highest levels of mercury found in household objects.
- Digital thermostats are eco-friendly, helping to reduce the 6-8 tons of mercury that ends up in our landfills every year.
- Because they have no moving parts, there's no reason to have to call a technician in for repairs or calibration.
- Digital thermostats are programmable. That means you can start warming up the house for breakfast and a shower while you're still fast asleep, or turn on the air conditioning in the summer before you get home from work so the house is nice and cool when you arrive.
- The biggest benefit from a digital thermostat is the fact that it saves energy, resulting in real money savings -- in some cases up to $200 per year.
Wi-Fi Enabled Thermostats
A wi-fi enabled thermostat makes your life easier. They're a little more expensive than a digital model, but at the end of the day, the savings will come back to you. Here are the benefits -- see for yourself:
- Set the thermostat from the office (or anywhere else) for the exact temperature you want your house to be when you arrive home.
- They're smart-device compatible. You can use your smart phone, tablet, laptop or pc to set your home's temperature on the fly.
- A wi-fi thermostat gives you updates and alerts about the maintenance of the connected devices, like telling you when it's time to change a filter, for example. This helps things run more productively for maximum efficiency.
- Wi-fi thermostats offer precision temperature control and real dollar savings, averaging around $250 per year, depending on your individual circumstances.
Contact us if you're interested in a new, high-efficiency Carrier thermostat replacement. Our headquarters are in Roundrock, and we serve Williamson and Travis counties including all of Austin.