We will also check your filters:
- Disposable fiberglass filters are the least expensive—and also the least effective—designed to block only large dust particles. However, smaller particles such as pollen and mold can pass right through.
- Washable “electrostatic” filters have a static charge that attracts dust, dirt and other matter. These filters are slightly more effective than disposable but still do not block the smaller particles.
- Pleated “allergy” filters use a much denser mesh material to trap and eliminate large allergens like pollen and mold—most are 35 to 50% efficient.
- Electronic air cleaners create an ionized electrical field that “magnetizes” pollutant particles, eliminating virtually all pollen and mold spores, up to 94% of smaller particles and up to 80% of airborne viruses.
- HEPA furnace filters are the “gold standard.” These filters are used in commercial applications like hospitals and electronics manufacturing where clean air is vital.
* Keep in mind that these checks are not insurance or system assurances. They are provided to help reduce early malfunctions of the system. *